- From now on real estate investors can obtain Golden Visa and enjoy long-term residency when purchasing a property worth no less than Dh2 million. This has encouraged many Dubai residents to invest in property to move freely in and out of the country without any hassles. This change in the UAE visa residency system in April 2022 has given additional motivation to a whole bunch of new investors both local and foreign, resulting in record market transactions. Just in May, the total volume of transactions in Dubai's residential market hit a 13-year high.
UAE Golden Visa & Its PerksThe UAE Golden Visa is a long-term residency visa that enables foreign talents to live and work or study in the UAE while enjoying exclusive benefits. In other words, the permits are issued in exchange for investments in the country's economy.
- 10 years renewable residency in the UAE
- No requirement for an employment sponsor
- Duration of stay outside the UAE for more than the usual restriction of six months to keep visa valid
- The initial entry visa is valid for 6 months with multiple entries to proceed with residence issuance
- Sponsoring family members, including spouse and children regardless of their ages, and domestic helpers. Family members are allowed to stay in the UAE until the end of their permit duration if the primary holder of the Golden visa passes away.
Ways to obtain
- Buy property worth Dh2 million or more (contact us to get the full catalog)
- Merge or combine properties to total up the value of Dh2 million or more
- Invest in an off-plan property worth a minimum of Dh2 million and pay installments
- Take a loan from local banks provided the value of the property is a minimum of Dh2 million
- Make joint investments as a married couple in a Dh2 million property to fit the eligibility criteria
How to applyYou can apply for the 10-year golden visa online through the ICA website. If you don't have a current visa, you apply for an entry permit valid for six months.
You can fill out an application online or through an agent by a power of attorney. After Due Diligence, you get a Golden Visa and card as a UAE resident. For the Golden Visa application, you collect:
- Prepare documents
- Choose the category of the applicant and fulfill the conditions of the UAE Golden Visa program.
- Get a short-term visa. You get a visa for six months to visit the UAE.
- Pass medical examination to get a health certificate.
- Pass Due Diligence and fill out an application. The investor and his family submit biometrics and fill out an application in the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security or the General Directorate of Residency & Foreigners Affairs.
Additional documentation depends on the category of your program. It can be proof of investment - title deed for the property, certificates from the bank, etc. If you apply with family or staff, you should submit the documents supporting your relations.
- entry permit
- medical insurance
Please note: The above is just a guide for the procedure to attain a golden visa as of August 2022. The applicant is responsible to conduct his own personal research to stay up to date due to the UAE's rapidly transforming rules and regulations.